All Purpose Baking Soda Uses and Benefits of Baking Soda
Discover tips for the best baking soda cleaning EVER
We've all heard about the cleaning power of all purpose baking soda uses but do you really know what it can do?
Benefits of Baking Soda
A box of Arm & Hammer baking soda costs only about a dollar and it's been a staple in my refrigerator to deodorize the food smell. Baking soda is also a natural product that has so many uses around the house and everywhere else that it does a little bit of everything.
Baking Soda Formula
Baking soda is 100% sodium bicarbonate, which is a natural substance that maintains the pH balance neutralizing both acids and bases. It's great and it works because it actually eliminates odors.
Baking soda is also one of the primary ingredients in cooking, particularly when baking cookies, cakes and making pastries and bread because baking soda releases carbon dioxide when heated, and this causes the food to rise.
One of the great baking soda uses:it is a very effective as cleaning agent around the house. It's a perfect because it acts as a very mild abrasive cleaner for removing stains from sinks, counter tops and even fine china.
Baking soda uses: Deodorize bad odors
Baking soda effectively neutralizes bad odors.
- To eliminate carpet odors - do you ever recall seeing a commercial for Arm & Hammer baking soda from the 1980's? Just sprinkle on baking soda directly on your carpet before vacuuming. It will help to eliminate food and pet odors.
- To neutralize food odors in the garbage bin - sprinkle on some baking soda on the bottom of the garbage can.
- To neutralize or eliminate odors inside the refrigerator and in pantry - all you have to do is just keep an open box of baking soda and keep it in the back of your fridge or in the pantry. Just replace the box every month or so.
- To neutralize odors in the cat litter box - sprinkle baking soda on the bottom of the cat litter box as well as lightly on the top of cat litter when changing the litter box to help eliminate odor problems.
Baking soda uses: General Cleaning Around The House
All purpose baking soda can effectively cause dirt and grease to dissolve in water, so it works as a perfect cleaning agent to clean just about anything around the house from kitchen counter tops, refrigerators, and stove tops. You can also sprinkle some on a sponge, baking soda forms a mildly abrasive scouring powder.
Learn about benefits of bking soda and tips bor baking soda cleaning.
- To clean inside the refrigerator - dissolve some baking soda in water and use the water to clean and freshen the inside of your refrigerator.
- To dissolve stubborn coffee stains in cups - it's as simple as sprinkling on some baking soda on the stain, wipe with a damp sponge, and rinse.
- For general cleaning - Just dissolve 4 tablespoons of baking soda in 1 quart warm water.
- Kitchen and bathroom surfaces - just put some baking soda on a damp sponge to clean and deodorize floor surfaces.
- To remove rust stains from counter tops - mix a little bit of baking soda with some fresh lemon juice to make it a paste. Use the paste and scrub on the spot.
- To unclog your drain - pour baking soda down your garbage disposal while running warm warm.